RCDRC Grants Available to eligible Hurricane Matthew Survivors
Post date: Jul 15, 2017 5:16:28 AM
Medication from the Heart Grant
The purpose of this grant is to assist eligible Hurricane Matthew survivors who are age 65 and older and who live in Robeson County. This grant is being provided in order to help eligible Hurricane Matthew survivors with limited financial resources to purchase prescription and over-the-counter medications. A maximum of $150 per individual per month will be made payable to the vendor for services provided for 12 months.
For more information and to see if you are eligible for this grant you can walk into the United Way of Robeson County office at 802 Cedar Street in Lumberon Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 4:00pm to schedule an appointment with a RCDRC Disaster Case Manager, or call (910) 370-1648 to request an appointment.
Applicants please bring the following items to your appointment and other verifying documents / resources as instructed by your assigned RCDRC Disaster Case Manager:
- A valid NC Drivers Licence or valid NC Photo ID;
- A copy of all of your letters from FEMA and your FEMA registration number;
- Proof of Income & Expenses - For example:
- Income Verification Documents: W-2, pay stubs, alimony / child support payment, SNAP determination letter, SSI / Disability Determination Letter, etc
- Expense Verification Documents: Utility bill, phone bill, rent / mortgage receipt, car loan payments, home owners insurance, property tax bill, child-care services bill, etc.,
* For accurate and up to date information about available RCDRC Grants and eligibility requirements please contact the Robeson County Disaster Recovery Committee at (910) 370-1648 and visit RCDRC.com